Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Minnie Mo "U" wheatland...

This one is going to be a challenge... This is a photo of the real tractor that I'm going to recreate.
 This is the first step... again my mechanic Less Grodi has worked his magic and combined 2 pieces of machinery that were never meant to be connected. This is another 3 cylinder Kubota gas engine, mated to a Cub Cadet manual rear end.
 Less fabricated the bell housing from about 8 or 10 pieces of steel...
 Here is my first step. This will be the front axle. I drew the axle up on the computer and made a pattern to cut out of 1/2" steel.

 Then I bent 1/4" x 1" steel to weld to the top and bottom...

I'm making headway on the front axle mount...


 I got the nose from a bone yard in Il. Here are my measurement lines...
 All cut down...
 Tires mounted on her...
 
 
 




She's running in these pictures!!! I wanted to test the drive train before I painted everything.
I got some parts back from suppliers... The top piece, I cut down and then had my body man finish for me. I bent the "grill" to shape then had my machinist cut the louvers in it.




Progress on the hood...
 

 

Fenders...

 Operators platform...
Seat is mounted...
 Starting the paint process...

Putting it back together...


 Final shots...








LTLC 0001 and LTLC 0041... the first and most recent... The owner was very happy with the "U". He was happy to load it up and take her home to Canada.
 
Check back later,
Kurt

Pin It