Tuesday, May 26, 2015

John Deere 5020 take 2...

I built this tractor in 2011. A local man bought it from me. Last summer, he unfortunately passed away, so I bought it back at the estate sale. This is what it looked like when I brought it home...

I had planned on reworking the rear fenders, seat mount and using much larger rear tires.

As it turned out, I needed to do a lot more work than that. I ended up replacing the radiator, oil lines, some seals in the rear end, U-joints, and a belt.

First came new fenders, rear tires and rims, new rear hitch, and reworked the seat mount.

 

Then I had a brand new hood built, made new side panes for the "5020." A new front axle was built that pushed the front wheels forward 5 1/2"

 I also had to rework the exhaust because what I had built the first time had failed.

It's not done in these photos yet. I still have to make and paint the rear "hub caps."



Making a new front axle really finished the re-work. I'm totally happy with this tractor now.
She's all done now... the rear "hub caps" make a huge difference.


 
I'm very happy to say that this tractor has a new home. We had a lot of fun with it, but I am so glad it has gone to a new home and will create more memories for someone.

More later,
Kurt

Monday, January 5, 2015

Farmall M and Cockshutt 1550...

With the 1456 almost done, I pulled the next 2 tractors in the shop. One will be a Farmall "M" and the other will be a Cockshutt 1550

This will be the Farmall...
 This one will be the Cockshutt...
I started on the "M" hood and fuel tank... I bought a Farmall A nose and fuel tank and started cutting them down...
 



I got the fuel tank "cover" welded up today.
I started the grill for the Cockshutt.

 
Got started on the hood...
Steering for the M arrived today... My machinist is TOPS!

 Steering linkage is done...
 Steering pedestal...
Front end is mounted...
 
I got the grill from my machinist. It was CNC routed from a file that I sent to him...
 Bent to shape...
 She's starting to look like an M...
I started working on the other end...
 
  I got the seat mounted today...
I got the dash done for the Cockshutt...
I'm just about done with the M... 
I started working on the swinging drawbar for the Cockshutt...
Electric 3 point hitch...
I got the M back from the sandblaster...
 Some red paint... I like it.

Started some assembly...

 
I set up the next ad for the Red Power Magazine...
I'm finally ready to paint the Cockshutt...


 I'm done with the M now... the "hub caps" really finish it.




The Cockshutt is all done...



 
 
 Kurt

About the Little Tractors...

             Hello, I thought I'd address a few questions about these custom, hand made, half scal...