Tuesday, May 26, 2015

John Deere 5020 take 2...

I built this tractor in 2011. A local man bought it from me. Last summer, he unfortunately passed away, so I bought it back at the estate sale. This is what it looked like when I brought it home...

I had planned on reworking the rear fenders, seat mount and using much larger rear tires.

As it turned out, I needed to do a lot more work than that. I ended up replacing the radiator, oil lines, some seals in the rear end, U-joints, and a belt.

First came new fenders, rear tires and rims, new rear hitch, and reworked the seat mount.


Then I had a brand new hood built, made new side panes for the "5020." A new front axle was built that pushed the front wheels forward 5 1/2"

 I also had to rework the exhaust because what I had built the first time had failed.

It's not done in these photos yet. I still have to make and paint the rear "hub caps."

Making a new front axle really finished the re-work. I'm totally happy with this tractor now.
She's all done now... the rear "hub caps" make a huge difference.

I'm very happy to say that this tractor has a new home. We had a lot of fun with it, but I am so glad it has gone to a new home and will create more memories for someone.

More later,

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the Little Tractors...

       Hello, I thought I'd address a few questions about these custom, hand made, half scale trac...